LANEY’S - AN ESSENTIAL SERVICES BUSINESS
Hi, I’m Kevin Wolf, President of Laney’s.
Our thoughts and prayers are with those who have been affected by COVID-19. As our own community and those around the world are struggling with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we continue to closely monitor updates and recommendations from the CDC and our local health officials. We know you rely on us for plumbing, heating, and cooling services and, as always, we want to be here for you.
While things have started to open up in our community we at Laney’s continue to follow the highest level of safety guidelines to ensure that we provide a safe and healthy experience for you the customer as well as our staff when providing services for you.
Stay safe and know that you can count on Laney’s to be there for you during these trying times and to provide peace of mind in all we do.
LANEY’S COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOL
Enhanced Technician Protocol and Safety Measures
- Our employees are closely monitoring their own health including measuring and reporting their own body temperatures daily. To date, there have been no reported cases of an employee exhibiting symptoms related to COVID-19. In the event there is any individual who is presenting symptoms or fear they may have been exposed, they will be tested and self-quarantined following CDC guidelines.
- Laney’s technicians wear one-time-use disposable shoe covers and gloves; they are also taking precautions to clean tools and equipment.
- Laney’s technicians are dispatched from their own homes.
- Technicians, as well as our office staff, have been briefed on safety practices within our customers’ homes and on CDC’s recommendations for how we interact with one another including social distancing recommendations.
- We have transitioned our office workers to a remote work model where applicable to limit any risk of exposure.
- If we don’t shake your hand, we mean no offense. We just want to minimize the spread of germs to keep everyone healthy.
- On all HVAC calls, and at no additional cost to you, we will quickly check the condition of your filter and happily answer any questions you may have on additional measures you can take to improve the quality of your indoor air.
- Our office doors are locked with employee access only. To make payments or set up appointments, please call 701-237-0543 or visit our website laneysinc.com
‘Safe Distancing’ When We Come To Your Home
It is our highest priority to keep our technicians as well as our customers safe and healthy as we provide services for them. To achieve this, we will be practicing and enforcing strict ‘safe physical distancing’ on all service calls, installations, duct cleaning, and all other jobs when we interact with you the customer in addition to all of the protocol described above.
The following is the detailed protocol that Laney’s is following in completing a service call in your home to minimize any spread of the COVID-19 virus.
KEY STEPS FOR SAFETY
- When our technician arrives at your home or business, they will contact you via telephone to announce that they are outside and ready to enter the premises.
- Our technician will ask you to unlock the door and for you, your family, and any pets to retreat to a safe distance from the door - a minimum of 6 feet away.
- Our technician will knock on the door and enter the premises announcing their arrival.
Maintaining a ‘safe physical distance’ our technician will greet you and verify the nature of your call.
Our technician will proceed with the diagnosis or maintenance at the described location within your house - still maintaining ‘safe physical distance’.
- Upon completion of the diagnosis, our technician will write up a findings and recommendation sheet and read it to you from a ‘safe physical distance’.
- After your verbal acceptance of the work to be completed, our technician will write “verbal authorization” on the F/R sheet and proceed to perform the repair while you, your family and all pets remain at all times at a ‘safe physical distance’.
- Upon completion of the work, our technician will clean up and sanitize his work area and his tools.
- Our technician will then complete a service invoice on their iPad and an email receipt will be sent to you.
- Our technician will receive payment from you via check, manually inputting your credit card information, or directing you to our website to process payment online - all with you, your family, and all pets maintaining a ‘safe physical distance’. If you choose to pay online, our technician must have verification that the process was completed.
- Our technician will thank you and exit your home maintaining a ‘safe physical distance’ to you, your family, and all pets.
We are committed to keeping you all safe, and we hope these measures will bring an additional layer of protection to us all.
Your Home Hygiene
Home hygiene is always a top priority. It’s important to follow advice from the local health authorities and maintain good airflow in your home. You can practice good home hygiene by:
- Disinfecting and cleaning surfaces frequently. Ensuring your home’s vents and filters are clean — central heating and cooling systems ventilate the air in our homes to protect our health.
- Improving indoor air quality with products that can filter very small particles, kill germs, and control humidity. This includes products such as high-efficiency filter systems, air purification systems, humidifiers, and dehumidifiers.
Our top priority is your health and safety, and we will continue to be here to assist you. We also ask that if you have been exhibiting any symptoms related to COVID-19, and you have recently had service from Laney’s, to please call us so that we can help ensure the health and safety of our team members and other customers.
We will continue to closely monitor updates and recommendations from the CDC and our local health officials.